Environmental policy at NORNA PLAYGROUNDS A/S
Based on our primary work area, which is the development and production of nature playgrounds, we will work to protect and improve the environment both internally and externally, for the benefit of the individual person and nature. That is why Norleg A/S was one of the first playground manufacturers to be FSC certified.
FSC is an international non-profit labeling scheme for wood and paper. FSC neither produces nor sells goods. You will find the FSC label on wood and paper products that you can buy with a clear conscience. You can, because in an FSC certified forest no more wood is felled than the forest can reproduce. At the same time, FSC is a guarantee that animals and plant life are protected, and that the people who work in the forest are guaranteed training, safety equipment and decent wages.
This means: That the requirements that public authorities have for the product have been met.
It also means:
- That we will work to ensure that our products are developed, produced and distributed with the least possible environmental impact and consumption of resources.
- That through information, motivation and training we will have environmentally responsible employees, thereby ensuring a good working environment.
- That we will ensure improvements and prevention of pollution, including setting targets for minimizing waste, water and energy consumption.
- That we will set targets for minimizing injuries and accidents in order to protect the individual employee.
- That before choosing raw materials, products, machines and construction, we will carry out an economic and environmental assessment.
- That we will at all times, as a minimum, comply with applicable legislation, including authority requirements and other provisions to which the company has agreed.
- That we will constantly promote a high and ever-increasing environmental awareness of our products.
WOOD BENEFITS THE CLIMATE
Wood is a storehouse of CO2 in the forests and in wood products, and wood is the most climate-friendly material available. Therefore: Use wood in the fight against climate change..
Brædstrup 13th of may .2013
See link to the Danish Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources homepage:
A quick guide to public procurement of legal and sustainable wood